Candidates to Consider on General Election Day
The OKCMAR Government Affairs and RPAC Committees have taken the time to research the candidates and decide who best represent the interest of the profession. After reviewing questions and research developed by OKCMAR’s Government Affairs staff, the suggested list of candidates is as follows:
Oklahoma County Local Races
County Assessor: Larry Stein
- Is the current Oklahoma County Deputy Assessor
- Has 17 years of experience is a certified assessor
- Has been a supporter and friend to OKCMAR and the REALTOR® Community
- Helped create and manage the award-winning assessor website
- Helped the assessor’s office earn perfect audit scores form the Oklahoma Tax Commission
County Treasurer: Forrest “Butch” Freeman
- Has served as Oklahoma County Treasurer since he won a special election in 1993
- After 25 years, his office has been scandal free and is viewed as doing an excellent job of managing the county’s finances
- RPAC has donated to his race in previous campaign for his support of the real estate profession in Oklahoma County
District 1 County Commissioner: Carrie Blumert
- First time running for office
- Currently works at the Oklahoma City County Health Department.
- Directs two initiatives: the Wellness Now Coalition and Open Streets OKC
- In her questionnaire she indicated a strong interest in economic and community development
- Has a history of community services, working and serving as a volunteer in several projects improving the quality of life for Okla. County residents.
District 3 County Commissioner: Kevin Calvey
- Has served 12 years in the Oklahoma Legislature, having been elected from two different legislative districts
- Served in the Oklahoma National Guard during the Iraq war
- Is an attorney who volunteered his services for different non-profits across the community
- Is a real estate investor along with his wife, who is a former REALTOR®
County Sheriff: Todd Gibson
- Was appointed sheriff in October 2017 to fill the unexpired term of the previous sheriff
- His short tenure has been viewed as a success by the other county officials and those involved in county government
- Retired from the Norman Police department, where he held several leadership roles
- He and his wife have been business investment property owners for over 20 years.
District 1 County Commissioner: Rod Cleveland
- Was elected Commissioner for District 1 in July of 2007
- If re-elected, Cleveland will distinguish himself by being elected four times
- Has been active in the community as a members and leader in several local organizations.
District 3 County Commissioner Harold Haralson II
- Is running for his second term as a county commissioner
- Before being elected, he served as a two term Mayor of Norman, where he built a record of promoting fiscal responsibility and efficiency
- He has continued to pursue those objectives along with promoting economic development while serving as a county commissioner
Comments are closed.