Effective: February 15, 2019
OKCMAR takes the protection and security of the information provided to us by our members, customers, and visitors to the Website very seriously. Your privacy and trust are important to us, and we want to honor that trust by managing your information with the utmost respect.
Consent to Policy.
What Information We Collect.
In order to make certain features of the Website and Services available to you, we may ask you for Personal Information, and we may collect certain non-personal information about you and your computer. “Personal Information” includes, but is not limited to, your name, business or firm name, physical address, email address, telephone number, demographic information, location, and/or other information that may personally identify you.
When you visit the Website, we collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Information you provide. We collect any Personal Information you may voluntarily provide to us through the Website or when you send us an application or email, including without limitation your name, firm name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and real estate license number. If you fill out our online “contact us” form, we collect your name, email address, primary REALTOR® board membership, and any comments you provide.
- Email communications. If you send us or our staff members an email, we retain copies of the email correspondence between you and us, including without limitation your name, email address, and the contents of the email communication.
- Information from other sources. We may receive certain Personal Information about you from other sources and may add it to the information we have collected about you. For example, we may receive: your name and the status of your payment from our third-party payment service processor; your username, name, and login attempts to our wholly-owned multiple listing service through our MLS system provider; your name, firm name, and contact information when you register for OKCMAR events through our event registration provider; your name, license number, and contact information when you sign up for and/or complete continuing education (CE) courses through our CE service provider; or any other information you provide to our service providers.
We also collect certain non-personal information from you or your device which cannot be used to identify you, personally. The following anonymous information is collected from you or your device when using the Website:
- Device information. As is the case when you visit most websites, to administer our site, your visit triggers the automatic logging of certain anonymous information about your computer system such as the type of browser you use, the server name and your “IP” (Internet Protocol) address.
- Website Usage Information. We collect certain anonymous data related to your usage of the Website including, but not limited to, pages of the Website you viewed, referring, entering and exit pages, duration of your visit to the Website, frequency of visits to the Website, number of pages visited, and other non-personal information about your interaction with the Website.
- Cookie Technology. Cookie technology may be employed when you access the Website. “Cookies” are small text files sent by Web servers to be stored on the computers of website users. These files often contain personalization settings or unique identifiers to keep track of your information and to help us understand the movements of users within and between websites. Cookies alone do not personally identify individuals. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change your browser to prevent that.
**OKCMAR does not receive your credit card or other payment information from our third-party payment processor. If you have questions about how your payment information is protected, please contact the third-party payment processor.
How We Use Your Information.
We use your Personal Information and non-personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide Services. We use any Personal Information about you in order to provide you the Services you request. For example, if you provide Personal Information on a membership application, we will use it to process your membership request. If you send us an email or contact us through the Website, we will use your Personal Information to respond to your question, comment, or other communication from you.
- Tailor the Services and Website. We use your Personal Information and non-personal information to personalize and deliver content on the Website, verify your identity, remember your preferences, improve the features of the Website, develop new products or services, and troubleshoot the Services.
- Analytics. Non-personal information regarding your interaction with the Website may be combined with non-personal information from other Websites users in order to create analytical reports to identify general use of the Website, trends, web traffic, and the effectiveness of our Website and content.
- Security. We may use your information to analyze the security of our Website and to help detect and resolve any security incidents.
Information Sharing & Disclosure.
Like most businesses, OKCMAR shares your Personal Information with third parties that provide services on behalf of OKCMAR. However, when we disclose your Personal Information, we only disclose the specific categories of Personal Information required to provide the service for which the Personal Information was disclosed. OKCMAR does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with any other individuals or entities, except with your permission, or under any of the following circumstances:
- We share your Personal Information with our wholly-owned multiple listing service, MLSOK, Inc., in order to provide services to you and verify your identity.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission (OREC) to confirm your license status.
- We share your Personal Information with our MLS system sign-on authenticator to verify your identity and your membership standing.
- If you register for an event or class, we share your Personal Information with our event registration provider in order to confirm your registration.
- We may occasionally send out a newsletter or other electronic notices. When we do, we will share your Personal Information with our marketing service or email distribution provider.
- We share your Personal Information with other members of OKCMAR, including but not limited to OKCMAR’s broker and licensee members, in our membership directory. We may sell your Personal Information to OKCMAR affiliate members for their sole purpose of marketing and advertising their services, but who are contractually prohibited from disclosing or selling your Personal Information to any third-party.
- When legally required, we will disclose your Personal Information pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or legal process (such as law enforcement requests), or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Do Not Track.
Certain web browsers feature a “Do Not Track” which sends a signal to the website not to track the user’s activity. Because there is not a universal understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, our Website does not recognize or respond to such “Do Not Track” requests from Internet browsers or mobile devices. However, we do not track the activity of visitors to our Website across other sites, nor do we display targeted advertising on our Website.
Controlling Your Information.
You may opt out of certain communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link, or by contacting us at the contact information below. However, you may not be able to opt-out of some communications, including important announcements, notices, or service-related communications.
Third Party Providers/Links.
The Website may use third party providers to provide you services, including without limitation payment processing or MLS system login. OKCMAR is not responsible for such third party’s use of your Personal Information.
In order to provide you with helpful resources, the Website may link to websites owned by third parties, including without limitation websites for the National Association of REALTORS®, Oklahoma Association of REALTORS®, OREC, and industry technology providers. Those third-party websites may collect Personal Information about you. OKCMAR does not control or endorse those websites, nor the information, products, or services found on those websites, nor are we responsible for their collection or use of your Personal Information, or the contents, advertising, privacy policies or other material available on such third-party sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit. Questions about the information collection practices of a third-party website should be directed to the third-party website administrator.
Users Outside the United States.
Our website is operated from our facility within the United States of America (USA) but may be accessed from anywhere in the world. Personal Information collected on this Website may be stored, transferred to, and processed in the United States or any other country in which OKCMAR or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities. By using this Site, you consent to any such transfer or storage of your information outside of your country.
We make no representation and take no responsibility for any applicable laws and regulations outside the USA. If you are located outside the USA, data security laws in the USA may not offer as much protection as the laws in your country of residence. By providing any Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of your information to, and the storage of your information on, servers located in the USA. Persons who choose to access the Website from locations outside the USA do so at their own discretion and initiative and are responsible for compliance with local applicable laws.
Our Policy Towards Children.
OKCMAR’s Services and/or Website are not directed to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18, and individuals under the age of 18 are not eligible to use this Website or the Services. In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a minor, we will immediately delete such information. If you believe your child may have provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at OKCMAR, 3131 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK, 73112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information.
OKCMAR regularly reviews its security practices in order to provide a secure environment for your Personal Information. We use industry standard physical, electronic, procedural, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information.
You should know, however, that due to the open communication nature of the Internet, no transmission is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, and between us and you, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties nor can we be responsible for Personal Information stolen from our servers by information harvesting software which may have the ability to scrape data. You are encouraged to keep your account password secure and confidential in order to help prevent any unauthorized use of your account.
Our Website or Services may include a feature that allows you to view or share content on social networks by initiating contact with such social network or allowing you to repost material on the social network. When you initiate contact with a social network through our Website, you will be redirected to that social network, and our Website may collect your social network profile information.
How You Can Review Your Information.
You can review, correct, or update your Personal Information by logging into your OKCMAR account or contacting OKCMAR at the contact information listed below. OKCMAR will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. OKCMAR may retain some of your Personal Information even after you cease using the Website and Services for legal and record-keeping purposes.
Questions About Our Privacy and Information Security Practices?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or procedures, please contact us at:
Oklahoma City Metropolitan Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
3131 Northwest Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112